Monday, June 22, 2009

Another Anime Base Movie...... =_=


BLOOD: The Last Vampire


BLOOD: The Last Vampire...... If you are a Otaku or maybe 1/2 Otaku, then you should had heard of this animated feature before. Yes, it is the real life movie of this anime and guess what? It's a Hollywood style of movie! For fans of the anime, it is a good news to them as this feature finally got itself a chance to be brought on big screen; however, it is also a bad news as anime based movies ain't always as good as the original features.

To me, I never like anime or cartoon based movie (well, maybe some). I can't say why, but at the very least of my demand, such movie attract only hardcore fans or the related fans. Well, let's not talk about that. It's not fair for an individual to speak for the whole.

So, BLOOD: The Last Vampire...... Erm...... How should I put this...... It's not an awesome movie with visual effects to compete with Transformers. The CG animated elements cast the shadow of the Japaness style. LOL, the CG monsters ain't fitting the environment! I just cannot understand, if they couldn't succeed the CG quality, why in the hell they inject such "failure" into the movie? They should have replace the CG with monster suits and make up. The winged monster was a disaster! Me and my friend commented the cheap monster design like hell! I'm not going to tell you how ugly it is, u will have to see it yourself if you really wish to find out! On the poster, it was stated "From the makers of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero". Yeah, like hell it was the action! I can only say the martial art of the Heroine was nothing more than camera effects! Everything looked too fake and cheap to be a Hollywood style movie! SHIT!

Things which I like about this film are the environments and the emotion. Though I understood the environments were polished and tinted during the post production, I just couldn't comment anything on them! I love the overall emotion of the film. I could feel the evilness within the story, and it was awesome! Things ain't clean in the movie and the stained set ups were cool and suited the story. If only this movie was granted a higher budget and handled by a better production team with a better martial art director, BLOOD: The Last Vampire will definitely have a higher potential of become a blockbuster before the arrival of Transformer 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment