Sunday, October 4, 2009

Coraline

Coraline By Benry Selick

Directed by Henry Selick, Coraline is truly an epic animation after Nightmare Before Christmas. Just a day ago, I watched this awesome animation along with my house mate. The first impression was, Wow, so Tim Burton. The style and settings are basically stuffs you will see in Tim Burton's production. However, the creepy plot is brilliant, and compare to Tim Burton's production, Coraline actually have a better story telling and it won't give away emptiness during the story. I like this animation very much and I have to say the style is what attracted me most. Those stop motion animations are just too nice to be animated. Well, I know those are 3D animation actually. The opening was awesome! The sewing hands and doll are just as creepy as the poster is. I can hardly find any bad comment for this animation from myself. The only thing that was lacked was the ending part. It was kinda too hasty, and I really want to know what happened to the The Other Mum.

Coraline, a good animation for people who like Nightmare Before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment