Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind


Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, 1984

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, a production of Ghibli Studion back to 1984. A story which tells the adventure of a young lady Nausicaä from the Wind Valley in order to save her people and their land from being destructed by the gigantic bugs, Ohmus and poisonous gas released by mutated plants. The setting took place in 1000 years after the "7 days of Fire" which destroyed human civilization as well as the surface of earth. The story started by telling the beautiful and pure mind of Nausicaä. Educated by the crucial environment, Nausicaä learned the way to live in balance with the nature. However, the evil plan of the Tolmekians Army to revive the kyoshinhei banished the peaceful land of the Wind Valley. Many fought to protect the valley and refused to surrender. Nausicaä fought hard to search for the solution to restore the peaceful land......

Well, enough of the synopsis. If anyone of you who is interested by the story please check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausica%C3%A4_of_the_Valley_of_the_Wind

Yahoo! A nice and beautiful anime from Ghibli Studio! It was amazing to actually see the creative mind of the script writer for creating such an awesome feature. My first image of this anime was "feel so much like Laputa"! Hahahaha, among all product of Ghibli Studio, Laputa is my favourite. The art was nice. Classic graphic of classic Japanese animation. Even though it's not as detailed as Spirited Away, but I seriously think it's nicer than lots of modern movie length animation in present. Hayao Mizaki is truly a magician of animation! I hope to work under him if chance is there. Before this, I really thought Nausicaä is a guy. Since this young lady has a similar looking as Ashitaka in Princess Mononoke, I couldn't tell her real gender. Well, guess I was fooled. She's so pretty!

The story is damn nice! The animation wasn't that smooth but it's forgivable since it is a classic. I pity Nausicaä's background. Seriously! I can't tell you why course it requires lots of story telling. But, her pure and innocent mind was the reason most audiences were attracted by this classical feature. The BGM composed (I wonder if I used the right word) by Joe Hisaishi was awesome and suited the atmosphere of the anime. As usual, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind included lots of familiar designs from Ghibli Studio. The airships design will prove my words.

The climax of the story is the scene where Nausicaä was attempting to stop the herd of Ohum from matching toward the wind valley. As I predicted, she was killed...... Sad......However, she was then revived by the Ohmus as these intelligent bugs found out her true intention. Classic ending......

There's one thing I can't really understand in this anime. How come Nausicaä's pink shirt suddenly changed to blue? I wonder if it's the material of the shirt affected the change of the color due to the change of the environment. Anyway, I was happy to watch this nice and touching anime! It's nice! 10 out of 10 is the score from me.

You may download the OST from Gendou as well.
http://gendou.com/

2 comments:

  1. Ni ze gel ze! I want all the animes, save them for me, I want all =) will drop by ur new house when I'm going back, see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ok! You can have all u want. Just bring your external hard disk.

    ReplyDelete