Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Cousin's Wedding

Today, I went to my cousin's wedding. She is same aged with me, which mean nineteen. I do not wish to mention her name as I have no right to put her name on blog without really asking her permission. Beside, we had not spoken to each other for......(still counting)...... eight years, even though she live just a few kilometer away from my home. Well, congratulation to my cousin.

As usual Chinese folks' wedding dinner, guests were invited to get into the dinning hall, we sat on our seat, random chats, some uncles and aunties sang 70's old Mandarin songs, eat, chat, YUM SING, kiss kiss time, eat, eat more then good bye. Honestly, I don't like this kind of dinner. I think it is so out dated...... Anyway, no point commenting it. As if it will help to improve......

But...... I was thinking of something during the dinner. Well, more like a questioning.

Is it really necessary for one to marry that early? I mean, life just started to go merrier as liberty is always given in this kind of age. Unless, you or your partner is pregnant, otherwise don't rush and make yourself bind to he (or she). Why? Love is not that easy. How long do you know your partner? Two years? Three? Four? Come on. Are you sure you want to stick with the same people for the rest of your life? Are you sure you love him as much as present for the rest of your life? Anyone who starting to question him or herself now should get a quiet place and start thinking about it. Sweet is love now but bitter it will be if both husband and wife can not take the challenge of time.

I'm not saying love is bitter all the time, but only time can prove the sincerity of each other. Curiosity and sudden decision might bring disappointment to each other. Once you have a kid, the situation will be even worse! Trust me, if the couple can no longer love each other so will the child suffers in their mistake. Divorce might be the solution, but it is not the best for the child. No one can guarantee how will the future be. Be spectacular, and think more before signing on the paper.

I did not mean to say bad stuff of my cousin's decision. I wish her and her husband have a happy future. Too many cases of failure I had seen in my life. Certainly I wish not to see her suffers in such hardship. Well, wish my cousin good luck and a happy marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment